You spoke, and we listened! This year, we’re trying a few new things at #HuaweiKDay to try and make sure that traffic out of Meerendal Estate is a little bit easier.
In conjunction with the City of Cape Town, law enforcement, and our safety and security partners, we’ve worked on a new plan endorsed by the City.
What does this mean for you? Less time spent in traffic, and a safer ride home! Let’s take a look:
• We have a designated drop-off & collection point at Entrance 2
• We have two planned road closures to help with traffic flow
• There will be some one-way systems in place – please respect the signage!
YOUR MAIN ROUTES IN
• Durbanville Turnoff from the N7, along Potsdam Road onto the M13 and then Vissershok Road
• Jip de Jager Drive, from the N1, along the M16 onto Vissershok Road.
ARRIVAL / DROP-OFF
If you’re dropping someone off, you must head to Entrance 2, which is along Vissershok Road and is accessible from the M13 and M16 routes.
Please note that a one-way system will be in place for all drop-offs – please respect the signs!
COLLECTIONS AFTER 5.30PM
Only vehicles coming in from the M13 / M16 will be allowed to make collections at Entrance 2 along Vissershok Road.
No cars may enter from the N7 route directly, and all cars will be directed around to Durbanville via the M13.
The road will be CLOSED from 5.30pm along Vissershok Road at the Contermanskloof four-way stop.
E-HAILING SERVICES (UBER)
E-hailing drop-offs and pickups (Uber, Taxify etc) are only available at Entrance 2, which is only accessible from Vissherhok road via M13/M16 from Durbanville.
For your own safety and to help with traffic volumes, please do not walk along the road or attempt to arrange alternative pick-up points. It’s dark, there are lots of cars, and any sudden U-Turns or stops can cause traffic back-ups or accidents.
Please follow the signage, and listen to the security team!
There are two major road closures planned:
• Vissershok / Clara Anna Fontein Circle (17h30 to 21h30) – ‘Soft’ closure with access control
• Vissershok / Contermanskloof Intersection (17h30 to 21h30) - Full road closure
• Carpool where possible – or use an e-hailing service like Uber.
• We shouldn’t have to say it, but please don’t drink and drive!
• Make sure you have everything when you leave your car. Umbrellas, picnic blankets, cooler boxes, medication, hats, sunscreen, water, wallets etc. Remember, once you leave the venue you will not be allowed back in!
• Listen to the security teams – their job is to keep you safe and traffic moving.
• Stay tuned to Kfm 94.5 – we’ll be giving you traffic updates as we go!